Name:
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong

"Thoughts of Emily" is just a blog about my life. My life trapped in between places I called home. Those being Bangkok, Seattle and now Hong Kong. For now I don't know where I am heading in life. But you can learn more about me by following this blog. :)

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Unit 7: Cognition

My First Memory
It was when I was in Kindergarden, therefore I should be about 3-5 years old. I was sick and my grandmother was feeding me boiled rice, her own recipe. I remember that it was the best part of getting sick when I was still living with my grandparents.

______________________

Later on, my classmates and I share our memory with each other. We all thought our first memories were around the age of 3-4 years old. However, we can only memorize and recognize something when we were above 4 years old. Therefore, we came to the conclusion to justify our behaviors: either we were told about that incident or we saw it in the photographs. Another important thing that we notice was most of the memories was either negative or positive. Thus, we later learned that we tend to remember the emotional experiences more than any other events. That explains the trend of our first memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home