Name:
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong

"Thoughts of Emily" is just a blog about my life. My life trapped in between places I called home. Those being Bangkok, Seattle and now Hong Kong. For now I don't know where I am heading in life. But you can learn more about me by following this blog. :)

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Big Issue

The first “big issue” in psychology is “Irrationality versus Rationality”. I agree with both of them, because we can go with irrationality in some circumstances and on the other hand, we can go with the rationality in some circumstances. The score that I received for this issue16, which means that I think humans act in the rational way. However, I still think that it depends on the situation. For example, I am curious why do humans eager to find love, regardless of how major conflicts often involve with love. On the other hand, I understand why humans want to be success, although I might not understand every justification, but I still have my own reason.

Another big issue in psychology that we all are discussing about is “Stability versus Change”. My score on this issue is 3, which means I strongly disagree with the idea that humans cannot change throughout their lives. I believe that each person is able to change for the better, because I think that our personality is developed not only by the inherited genetics from our family, but by the environment and society as well. So I strongly believe that humans can change to be a better person as well as a worse person.

The last issue that is still the big issue in modern psychology is “Nature versus Nurture”. Since I have studied biology and I intend to further study on this topic, I somewhat agree with nature. My score on this issue is 17, more towards nature. However, like I mentioned before, I also believe that humans can learn from their environment and their society, or else how would humans survive our changing world. Nevertheless, not only the physical appearance that we inherited from our parents, but a lot of our personality is being passed on from generations to generations. So I think I agree with both nature and nurture; I think it’s the mixture of both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home